Assistant Manager Cleaning/Custodial-Okemos
Full-time 2nd Shift
Day-to-Day Responsibilities- included but not limited to!
- Document the site’s cleaning requirements by area, condition and standard of cleanliness.
- Plan the cleaning operation in terms of frequencies, methods, equipment, tools, and materials as needed.
- Establish cleaning standards for each cleaning task and conduct quality audit inspections to ensure compliance.
- Calculate the amount of staffing essential to meet the cleaning requirements and plan work assignments for the available cleaning staff.
- Recruit, hire, oversee and train supervisory personnel to direct cleaning activities.
- Establish weekly cleaning schedules for supervisors and hourly personal, covering routine and special event operations.
- Define the material and equipment requirements of the site and maintain lean inventory levels.
- Encourage the support for Hi-Tec with client managers and staff in maintenance, personnel, purchasing and accounts payable.
- Establish performance improvement targets for the site.
- Coordinates all the functions of Hi-Tec Building Services for the client location.
- Advises the supervision in determining job assignments for the employees performing the cleaning duties.
- Maintains all necessary materials and equipment for performance of the contracted duties.
- Ensures adherence to all M.I.O.S.H.A, SDS, safety programs and procedures.
- Coordinates the training of all service provider employees.
- Manages improvement in all cleaning services activities.
- Maintains an organized schedule of events with appropriate staffing levels necessary and management plans.
- Ensure proper execution and completion of tasks for event coverage cleaning activities.
- Works with Supervisors and Lead staff to continuously improve cleaning requirements
- Meets daily, weekly and monthly with customer to review performance standards are being met.
What it takes to be a Cleaner at Hi-Tec:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or 5 years’ prior management experience supervising 25+ employees. Preferred experience in the custodial field. Must possess effective communication skills including the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety data sheets (SDS), operating and maintenance instructions and manuals; to write correspondence. Must project a positive and professional image to the client and public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Good time-management skills and able to prioritize tasks in a logical manner. Need to be physically able to perform any cleaning task they may need assisting when training staff.
- Knowledge of Cleaning Chemicals and Equipment a plus.
- Ability to motivate workers and maintain employee morale and ensure job completion.
Perks of the job!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life, AD&D
- Paid time off
- Referral bonus opportunities
- On the job training
- $13 Per hour