Area Manager - Jackson/Battle Creek, Mi
40,000 per year Marshall, Mi
Where: Battle creek, MI Shift: Full Time Travel This position requires traveling by car within your designated territory as needed or directed by the Sr. Operations Manager. This territory includes but not limited to the Detroit area. You will track all work-related miles and submit each month for mileage reimbursement. This position requires own reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, valid car insurance. Essential Functions
- Supervises, hires, trains, schedules, provides work direction and discipline along with providing problem-solving assistance for all employees
- Facilitate good relationships with the client, employee and other Hi-Tec Building Services support staff
- Support and assist Senior Operations Manager
- Provide quality audits periodically, provide appropriate follow up
- Proactively address and resolve issues that may arise. Document and submit reports to Sr. Operations
- Respond to customer requests with lightning speed
- Manage and maintain budget hours
- Provide motivational leadership and remain available to your team at all times
- Execute daily communication and directives from Sr. Operations and General Manager
- Attend Customer/Management meetings as requested
- Drive to multiple Facilities daily within account territory
- Occasionally cover cleaning services to support employees
- 2 years’ prior management or supervisor experience. Preferably in the custodial industry.
- At least 18 years of age
- Successfully pass background check, Fingerprinting, Motor Vehicle Report and Drug Screen
- Must possess effective communication skills including (Both verbally and written) the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety data sheets (SDS), operating and maintenance instructions and manuals; to write correspondence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Computers, Cell phones, and learning new software
- Good time-management skills and able to prioritize tasks in a logical manner
- Need to be physically able to perform any cleaning task they may need assisting, must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Provide exception customer service to clients, staff and other internal/external personal
- Show positive attitude when faced with difficult challenges
- Strong work ethic, good listener with great people skills equals success in this role
- Must be able to independently problem for quick, effective resolutions.
- Now Offering Advanced Pay! See Manager for details!
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Paid Time off (after probationary period)
- On the job training
- Plus Mileage